President Andy Cross
Meet our leader, President Andy Cross, who has more than 39 years of experience.
Andrew Cross | Campus President | HVAC Master Instructor Experience since 1980 (39 Years’ Experience)
My name is Andy Cross and I am the founder and lead instructor here at CTI. I have been in the HVAC business for 39 years now. I love this business because it has provided me and my family a wonderful living. And for the past four years, I have been putting this program together to give back to and help improve the opportunity for individuals that are trying to get into the air conditioning and heating field.
Register for classes at the Champion Technician Institute today to jumpstart your HVAC career.
I noticed a large gap in the programs that are offered at most HVAC trade schools. They would sometimes offer the courses that are necessary to obtain required HVAC certificates, but they wouldn’t administer the exams, or the program would take too long. Sometimes, transitioning careers quickly isn’t simply a desire, it’s a necessity. Some people need to obtain the tools and skills that are required to complete HVAC jobs quickly, while still having the knowledge to position themselves as industry leaders.
When I founded Champion Technician Institute, I wanted to give Alabama technicians a place to cultivate their skills. Every student who steps through our front door will receive the same high-level education, preparing them to succeed in an HVAC career within just 30 days. Our schedule is flexible, since everybody has different schedules, and we want our courses to be as accessible as possible.
Today’s economy feels volatile, leaving many worried career-hopefuls anxious about their future. HVAC jobs are great because there will always be a demand for them. People will always need our systems, and our expert care, to live comfortably. The technicians who provide these troubleshooting techniques should also live comfortably, and proper education is the easiest way to achieve that goal. Our instructors are dedicated to establishing a relationship with students that are based upon effective communication, eliminating any intimidation that surrounds educational settings.
I hope that by the time you complete your HVAC courses, you feel ready to take your career to the next level. None of my students are stuck in stagnancy, and each of them receives a “100% Guarantee” from our programs.
This HVAC trade school is different because we are here for you. We aren’t trying to gain a quick profit or string you along for lengthy programs that don’t give you a certificate at the end. Champion Technician Institute is here to help you succeed for the long haul, and I am so excited to work with you. If you have any questions about registration, please call us at (205) 634-5549 or email us at AC@championtechnician.com .
Our President’s Certifications & Accomplishments
- Carrier University—HVAC Associate Degree
- Lead Instructor “HVAC Program” Remington College 2018
- Instructor Fortis College 2017
- General Management for Growth & Profit
- Management for Profit & Growth
- Member of:
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers’ (ASHRAE)
- Ferris State University Certification – Refrigerant Transition & Recovery
- Alabama Certified Contractor’s License
- State of Alabama Certified Master Gas Fitter
- Graduate of Carrier System Design Course
- Southeast Technical College – Industrial Electricity
- Alabama Power Heat Pump School – Troubleshooting Heat Pump Refrigeration Systems
- Alabama Power Heat Pump School – Management 2000 Course
- Barber Coleman Energy Management Course – Supervisor (DDC Controls)
- Barber Coleman Energy Management Course – Network 2100 (DDC Controls)
- Bryant Load Calculation Courses
- Bryant Heat Pump Certification Courses
- Bryant Duct Design Schools
- Carrier Refrigeration Course – Chillers – Houston, TX
- Carrier/Parker Electronic System Specialists Training Program (DDC Controls)
- Carrier Comfort Network Contractor Sales Training Course (DDC Controls)
- Sporlan Certification – Valve Specialist
- Certificate of Completion to ASHRAE Professional Development Seminar – Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing
- NBI Certification – Air Balancing
- Comfort Institute – Mold and Moisture Diagnostics and Solutions
- Puron Certification – Bryant
- Bryant Certified – Duct Cleaning
- Maio Marketing Certificate: “Seeing is Believing”
- Ferris University Certificate: Type II, IV
- Maio Marketing Certificate: “Winning in the Field”
- Alabama Power Heat Pump School – PC and Basic Word Processing
- Future University – General Management for Growth Training
- Future University –Maintenance Service Technician Sales Training
- Future University – Advanced Residential Replacement Sales Training
- Future University – Residential Replacement Sales Training
- Success Academy – Professional Technician Honor
- Alabama Power Certificate – Troubleshooting Heat Pump Electrical Systems
- Bacharach Institute of Technical Training – Carbon Monoxide & Combustion Training
- Alabama Sheriff’s Reserve Association Certificate of Completion
- RE Michel Certification – TXV Charging & Installation
- RE Michel Certification – UTIC Board and Gas Furnace
- American Standard Certification – Low Voltage Wiring
- RE Michel Certification – 410A Installation & Safety
- American Standard Certificate – AIR Flow
- Mobile Supply Company Certificate – Duct Cleaning Procedures
- Future Certification – Business Owner’s Survival School
- American Society of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineer’s Certification: “Preventing Common Minimum Standard Violations”
- Professional Safety Technician Certificate – “Focus and Finding Failure”
- Career Track Certificate – “Managing Emotions Under Pressure”
- Successware 21 – “Certificate of Training”
- Member of:
- Contractor Success Group, Inc.
- Contractor Success Group, Inc. – Advanced HVAC Marketing Boot Camp
- Gree New Technology Training – Mini and Multi Split Systems
- Daiken “Ductless Residential & Light Commercial Systems”
- American Standard Certificate – “Heat Pump Diagnostics R-22 and R-410A”
Once you complete our program you will be an EPA Certified HVAC Technician, which are also known as HVAC Mechanics or HVAC Installers
This is a “Fast-Track Program” designed to fulfill what I see as a gap in the HVAC industry. We need qualified technicians in the marketplace today, not a year from today.
With the help of over 20 Individually specialized repair stations, we can ensure an in depth “Hands-On Approach” to accomplish our goal.